Vegan Lo Mein with Korean Tofu Bulgogi
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 382 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3- to 5-pound weight on top. Press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid. Dice into bite-sized cubes.
- Combine soy sauce, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, maple syrup, green onions, red pepper powder, sesame seeds, garlic, and liquid smoke in a bowl. Fold in tofu and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to soak for no longer than 1 hour. Drain tofu, reserving marinade. Spread tofu evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lo mein noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Combine coconut oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a wok or saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli coleslaw mix and coleslaw mix; saute until wilted, about 3 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cooked noodles, baked tofu, and reserved marinade. Simmer until heated through and all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute coconut nectar for the maple syrup, if desired.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 20.2 g fat; 42.9 g carbohydrates; 13.2 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 2496 mg sodium. Full nutrition