Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 369
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Freeze beef partially, until firm, about 1 hour. Slice across the grain into 1/2-inch slices.
- Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, green onions, sake, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until sauce flavors are absorbed, 1 to 3 hours.
- Stir gochujang, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil together in a bowl.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Arrange marinated beef on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil beef; stirring frequently, until glazed and dark brown, and nearly all marinade has evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Arrange cooked beef, rice, and cucumber in serving bowls. Wrap portions of each in lettuce and dip into the gochujang sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe can be easily converted to a chicken bulgogi if you just substitute chicken breast for the steak.
- Dry sherry or rice wine vinegar are suitable replacements for sake.
- Asian chile-garlic sauce can be used instead of the Korean red pepper paste.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 12.3 44.6 18.2 36 582 Full nutrition