Sweet Korean Crispy Chicken
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 6 m servings 578
Original recipe yields 6 servings (3 chicken breasts)
- Mix rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, salt, and 1 pinch pepper in a bowl with the chicken. Allow to sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine honey, vinegar, brown sugar, gochujang, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 1 pinch black pepper in a pot over medium heat. Stir well; when bubbling, reduce heat to low and simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss cornstarch with the chicken to coat evenly.
- Fill a pan with 1 inch oil and heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add chicken in small batches, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Cook until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Reheat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and deep fry chicken once more until deeply golden, about 40 seconds each. Transfer chicken to the pot of sauce.
- Heat sauce and chicken over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 578 calories; 41.9 41.5 10.4 34 829 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I thought this was a very good recipe. I will make this again! (no changes necessary) .