Kimchi Fried Rice with Bell Pepper
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Found this Korean rice recipe on a site a while back and I've been making it this way ever since. I add a bell pepper to mine or other veggies I might have (once some chopped celery). This goes great with bulgogi and roasted seaweed (kim). Btw, you can get Korean red pepper flakes and Korean red pepper paste (gochujang) from Amazon if you don't have an Asian market near you. You can also get the seaweed there!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients39 m servings 284
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk kimchi juice, gochujang, and soy sauce together in a bowl until the gochujang is dissolved.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons sesame oil onto white rice and mix together in a bowl, breaking up clumps.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into the skillet; cook and stir until set, about 4 minutes. Transfer scrambled eggs to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in the same skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add kimchi and cook until browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and whites of green onions and cook until softened, about 5 more minutes. Add rice; cook and stir, pressing down on any clumps, until mixture is a uniform color, about 5 minutes.
- Pour kimchi juice mixture into rice and mix. Turn heat to high and cook until rice is browned and doesn't stick together, about 5 minutes. Stir in eggs. Top with remaining green onions and red pepper powder.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 10.6 39.4 7.5 93 441 Full nutrition