Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 341
- Combine gochujang, onion, vinegar, chicken stock, honey, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, cinnamon, salt, thyme, and black pepper together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Dredge pork in the gochujang sauce on all sides. Pour sauce into a slow cooker and add the pork. Spoon some of the sauce on top of the pork. Cover and cook on Low until pork roast shreds easily with a fork, about 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place roast in a large bowl and shred the meat with 2 forks. Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a pot over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover; reduce heat to a simmer.
- Mix 1 tablespoon butter and flour in a small bowl; combine with the sauce in the pot and mix well. Cook until heated through and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir again.
- Spread remaining 3 tablespoons butter over insides of buns. Place on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the preheated oven until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the bowl with the shredded pork and mix. Top pork with green onions. Spoon pork over the toasted buns.
- Cook's Note:
- Kaiser buns can be substituted for the hamburger buns if desired.
Per Serving: 341 calories; 11.8 35.1 22.5 67 627 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was really good. We served coleslaw on the bun and also pickled ginger. This is a keeper.
Love this. Made as tacos with all the fixings. I make a mayo, lime, and avacado drizzle for the top. Freezers well for a quick snack or meal on the run.
This was enthusiastically received from a big group dinner we had recently. It's a great and exotic change for pulled pork. Changes: Sadly, I could not get to the store and had to use Srirac...