Gluten-Free Cookie Crumb Crust
made it | 0 reviews |
"A gluten-free version of cookie crumb crust for pies. I've made this with butter cookies, graham crackers, animal crackers, and even vegan cookies. This recipe makes one 9-inch pie crust. If using for a pie that needs to be baked, making sure it is only lightly browned, or it may burn when re-baking."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 205 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch crust)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place cookies in a food processor or blender; pulse into fine crumbs.
- Pour cookie crumbs into a bowl. Drizzle 5 tablespoons coconut oil on top; mix well with a fork. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil if mixture doesn't hold together. Press mixture into a pie plate to create a crust. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool before filling.
- Cook's Notes:
- If crushing cookies by hand, place cookies in a large resealable plastic bag and seal. Use a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs.
- This also works with real butter if desired.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 16.3 g fat; 15.3 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 62 mg sodium. Full nutrition