Simple Turkey Shepherd's Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Aimee Schwartz Coughlin
"This ground turkey shepherd's pie is an easy recipe with basic main ingredients - turkey, corn, and potatoes. Although simple to prepare, it is large on taste and has always been a favorite. It also freezes and re-heats well, so I often make a few batches at a time. The potatoes can be cooked in chicken or beef broth for added flavor. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 19 m servings 417
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 2-quart casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and 1 clove garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground turkey; cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour off and discard any excess fat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cover. Boil until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and let sit in pot, covered, 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk, butter, salt, and remaining 1 clove garlic; mash.
- Combine whole kernel corn and cream-style corn in a small bowl.
- Layer ground turkey mixture evenly in a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer corn mixture on top. Add mashed potatoes, pushing downward and spreading to fill the casserole dish evenly.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven, about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 15.3 52.2 22.1 73 809 Full nutrition