Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Butternut Squash
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 22 m servings 221
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place squash halves on a baking sheet. Brush insides with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender enough to scoop out and mash, about 30 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; stir in onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until onion has softened and browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove 1/3 of the onion-garlic mixture. Add ground turkey to the skillet with the rest of the onions. Saute until turkey is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Add turkey gravy, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and oregano. Cook and stir until flavors combine, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and discard squash seeds and scoop insides into a bowl. Add sweet potatoes, reserved onion-garlic mixture, butter, and milk; mash together until smooth.
- Spread turkey mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Top with corn and peas; add the sweet potato mash last. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake in the hot oven until top begins to brown, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add your preferred seasonings as desired (i.e. chili powder and Italian seasoning).
- Use fresh or frozen corn and peas.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 8.2 25.3 13.8 46 166 Full nutrition