Brazilian Hearts of Palm Pastries
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These Brazilian pastries (folhadinho de palmito) are super easy to make and the palm hearts filling is delicious, but you can really use any filling of your choice for this recipe! [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.com.br]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 503
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 pastries)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and hearts of palm; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Dissolve cornmeal in a bowl of milk; mix well and pour into the skillet with the hearts of palm. Stir well. Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until flavors meld, about 5 minutes more. Add cream cheese and chives; stir well to dissolve the cheese. Remove from heat. Let filling cool.
- Roll pastry out onto a floured work surface. Cut into squares. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling on each pastry square. Fold pastry over the filling and seal. Place pastries on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 503 calories; 37.4 34.4 8.8 33 375 Full nutrition