My Five Candy Bar Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These candy bar cookies contain 'my five,' which are cookie, pretzel, caramel, peanuts, and chocolate. Lots of steps, but none of them are hard. I wouldn't plan on whipping these out in 1:30 hours, but I find I can do one step at a time while doing something else, like making dinner and they are done by the end of the night. Works best if you can let it cool slightly between layers."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 58 m servings 314
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen cookie bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix 1 tube of cookie dough, 1/3 cup peanut butter, and pretzels together in a bowl. Press into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just golden and set, 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix remaining tube of cookie dough, remaining peanut butter, and 1/3 cup peanuts together in a bowl. Press in an even layer onto a piece of parchment paper the size of your baking dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine condensed milk and caramels in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour over the cookie dough crust in the baking dish and spread in an even layer. Top with the refrigerated cookie dough mixture and peel off the parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 2/3 cup peanuts and spread over cookie bars. Refrigerate until set, at least 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 314 calories; 16.8 37.8 6.8 11 250 Full nutrition