Peggy's Frosted Banana Bars
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 215
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10x15-inch rimmed baking pan.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in bananas, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the banana mixture and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract gradually; beat well. Spread frosting over the cooled bars and sprinkle walnuts on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter, if desired.
Per Serving: 215 calories; 8.9 32.9 2.1 36 100 Full nutrition