Ingredients1 h 36 m servings 141
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a bowl using a pastry blender until crumbly. Pat crust mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust and return to the hot oven until chips are softened, about 1 minute. Remove from oven and gently spread softened chocolate over the crust. Leave oven on.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until light and frothy; add shredded coconut, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread egg mixture over the chocolate-covered crust.
- Bake in the hot oven until light golden and center is set, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely, at least 1 hour. Cut into 1x3-inch bars.
- Cooks' Notes:
- Substitute milk chocolate chips for semisweet ones, if desired.
- Do not overbake in Step 3, or the chocolate chips will harden and become unspreadable.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 7.9 17.8 1.7 21 86 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are very good and sweet. I made two changes though. I spread a layer of raspberry preserves on the crust. Then melted the morsels in the microwave just enough to be able to spread them ove...
Scumptious!! The butter brown sugar crust is crispy and then the chocolate and toasted coconut. MMmm! It don't know if it will help, but I had a tinsey bit of evaporated milk left in the frig an...