Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 36 m servings 141 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 bar cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a bowl using a pastry blender until crumbly. Pat crust mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust and return to the hot oven until chips are softened, about 1 minute. Remove from oven and gently spread softened chocolate over the crust. Leave oven on.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until light and frothy; add shredded coconut, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread egg mixture over the chocolate-covered crust.
- Bake in the hot oven until light golden and center is set, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely, at least 1 hour. Cut into 1x3-inch bars.
- Cooks' Notes:
- Substitute milk chocolate chips for semisweet ones, if desired.
- Do not overbake in Step 3, or the chocolate chips will harden and become unspreadable.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 7.9 g fat; 17.8 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 86 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1