Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 175 cals
Original recipe yields 32 servings (32 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in the oat mixture until crumbly; do not overmix. Reserve 1 cup of the crust mixture and press the rest into the bottom of a 9x13-inch rimmed baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and browned, about 10 minutes. Leave oven on; remove crust and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk in a saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until caramels melt and mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Spread over the prebaked cookie crust; sprinkle reserved crust mixture, nuts, and butterscotch chips on top.
- Bake in the hot oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- For best results, splurge and use Werther's Original® caramels.
- You can use any nuts you prefer.
- Substitute semisweet chocolate chips for the butterscotch chips, if desired.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 8.8 g fat; 22.7 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium. Full nutrition