Freeze-and-Reheat Breakfast Burritos
Ingredients54 m servings 546
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and crumble into bits. Keep skillet warm.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and salt together in a bowl. Pour into the hot skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen potatoes, garlic salt, and pepper. Fry until browned on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, 4 to 5 minutes more. Let cool.
- Cut 10 squares of aluminum foil slightly larger than the tortillas. Lay 1 tortilla on each square; evenly distribute Cheddar cheese on top. Add eggs, bacon, salsa, and potatoes to each tortilla, in that order. Tightly roll the burritos, tucking tops and bottoms in first.
- Wrap aluminum foil tightly around each burrito, covering it completely. Place in resealable plastic bags in a single layer. Remove as much air as possible from the bags before sealing. Store in the freezer until ready to reheat.
- Reheat by removing the aluminum foil, placing the burrito on a microwave-safe plate, and topping it with a paper towel. Heat in the microwave until evenly warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 546 calories; 29.5 54.8 23.1 216 1269 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
I made a lot. I used eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese and garlic. Half had sausage and half had bacon. My hubby absolutely loved them. Yeah! It’s a winner. Made 20 all together. I will ...
I made 5 of these for my husband and he really enjoyed the breakfast burritos. I used La Victoria Roasted Pepper Salsa and instead of measuring, I just spooned the amount of salsa I felt was app...
Easy peasy to make. I watched a YouTube video on how to fold a tortilla and added the ingredients less the salsa. Mrs. does not like spicy :(0 I used mayo instead. Happy wife = happy life! ;0)
Update 2/7/2019: Okay DO NOT try to reheat these from frozen. I managed to make it work by heating it for 3 minutes, 1 minute at a time, and turning it after each minute was up. This got the ins...
Hubby says Do it again ?. We are on a temporary work assignment so we are living in our 5th wheel during the week. You know the limited space in a 5th wheel. So on the weekend I made these ...
this worked well. needed to double everything for my family size. froze nicely and was delicious
The recipe is easy to follow but takes longer time then posted. They forgot about the assembly and wrapping time. And the time to let it all cool (unless serving it hot) before assembling burr...
Put sausage and bacon in it and doubled the tortillas so they dont tear.