Green Bean Casserole My Way
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 21 m servings 715 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour whiskey carefully into the hot skillet. Reduce heat to medium and let whiskey cook down, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, vegetable broth, and flour together in a bowl. Stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken and green beans in a large bowl; pour in sauce and toss until well coated. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture back into the skillet and cover with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and scatter onion rings on top. Continue baking until rings are crispy and golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Stir gravy into the hot casserole.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using fresh beans (I prefer it), steam them until crisp-tender. If using canned beans, drain them.
- Reserve roasted chicken breasts for another use.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of roasted chicken meat. The actual amount of chicken consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 715 calories; 45.2 g fat; 36.2 g carbohydrates; 24.9 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 772 mg sodium. Full nutrition