0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients52 m servings 525
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 small casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour slowly, stirring until it forms a thick paste, about 4 minutes. Whisk milk into the paste until smooth with a gravy consistency, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute red onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until onion is browned, about 6 minutes.
- Mix collard greens into the skillet, in batches if necessary. Cook and stir until slightly wilted and all greens fit in the skillet, about 2 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are bright green and tender, 5 to 10 minutes more. Add enough gravy mixture to just coat the greens.
- Transfer cooked greens to a baking dish small enough so the greens can be piled 1 to 1 1/2 inches deep. Cover with French fried onions and press into the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fried onions brown slightly, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of gravy. The actual amount of gravy consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 525 calories; 39.8 36.4 3.4 23 558 Full nutrition