Mama H's Fooled You Fancy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
made it | 0 reviews |
"This starts with the simplest of recipes and adds a couple of items to make it fancy without making it harder. It was just my husband and me for Thanksgiving, and I wanted it to be special without making a fuss, so I started with turkey breast, onion soup, and cranberry sauce. I make my own onion soup to cut down on sodium, and I added a few things to make it special. See what you think! I recommend using a slow cooker bag to speed up cooking!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 20 m servings 417
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place at least 1/2 the fresh parsley and 1/2 the dill into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a slow cooker. Scatter about 1/2 the clementine sections on top. Add turkey breast.
- Combine onion flakes, dried parsley, turmeric, onion powder, salt, sugar, celery seed, and black pepper together in a bowl and mix well. Sprinkle generously over the turkey breast in the slow cooker.
- Spoon dollops of cranberry sauce all over the turkey and in the corners of the slow cooker pot. Add remaining fresh parsley and dill. Finish with the remaining clementine sections. Cook on Low until turkey is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 5 hours, checking after 4 1/2 hours to make sure it doesn't overcook.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use an orange in place of the clementine, if desired.
- Herbs, salt, and sugar can be replaced with onion soup mix, but will be much saltier.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of your bird and the manufacturer of your slow cooker.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 6.3 32.4 55.6 170 316 Full nutrition