Ingredients49 m servings 536
- Mix ground beef, onion, eggs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Split steak mixture into 6 portions and form into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties, 3 at a time, until slightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, about 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining patties, pouring off any excess liquid. Place Salisbury steaks on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to maintain heat.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, reserving butter in the skillet.
- Stir flour into the butter until dissolved. Pour in beef broth slowly, stirring until thickened, about 7 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring frequently, until gravy starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until all sour cream is melted and gravy is light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms back into the gravy. Remove from heat and let cool until thickened, about 2 minutes. Ladle gravy and mushrooms over steak patties.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use high-fat ground beef if possible.
- You can also keep steaks warm in the oven.
Per Serving: 536 calories; 42.9 7.5 29.7 199 1190 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Very easy! I needed a low carb meal tonight and just didn't know what to fix. Went in search of salisbury steak (and have never made it before). So glad I found this recipe. Definitely a kee...
Yummy! Only thing is that it falls apart easily. However, I am on low carbs so no bread crumbs to make it stick. Husband approved too.
My whole family loves this. We're not mushroom fans, so we left them out. Other than that, we followed the recipe
I made half the recipe, I’m not a chef by any means but this was very very tasty! I shocked myself! A few steps to get there but this was worth the effort, a tasty meal.
I cut the recipe in half but kept the rest all the same. While it had a great flavor and was pretty easy to make I would add a dry binder like breadcrumbs to it not just the egg. The patties w...
This was super delicious. Whole family loved the flavor. The only substitution I made (which is really rare!) was some hush puppy mix (House-Autry, from NC) for the flour because it had onion fl...
The rating should really be 4.5. I did change a few things but only because of what I had on hand. I did not have mushrooms and didn't buy b/c I'm the only in the family that eats them. I separa...