Ingredients49 m servings 536 cals
- Mix ground beef, onion, eggs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Split steak mixture into 6 portions and form into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties, 3 at a time, until slightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, about 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining patties, pouring off any excess liquid. Place Salisbury steaks on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to maintain heat.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, reserving butter in the skillet.
- Stir flour into the butter until dissolved. Pour in beef broth slowly, stirring until thickened, about 7 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring frequently, until gravy starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until all sour cream is melted and gravy is light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms back into the gravy. Remove from heat and let cool until thickened, about 2 minutes. Ladle gravy and mushrooms over steak patties.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use high-fat ground beef if possible.
- You can also keep steaks warm in the oven.
Per Serving: 536 calories; 42.9 g fat; 7.5 g carbohydrates; 29.7 g protein; 199 mg cholesterol; 1190 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I cut the recipe in half but kept the rest all the same. While it had a great flavor and was pretty easy to make I would add a dry binder like breadcrumbs to it not just the egg. The patties w...
This was super delicious. Whole family loved the flavor. The only substitution I made (which is really rare!) was some hush puppy mix (House-Autry, from NC) for the flour because it had onion fl...
The rating should really be 4.5. I did change a few things but only because of what I had on hand. I did not have mushrooms and didn't buy b/c I'm the only in the family that eats them. I separa...