Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 281 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 burgers)
- Place black beans in a bowl and mash to a smooth consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook onion in a skillet over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add water if needed to prevent sticking. Transfer to the bowl with the black beans.
- Stir cooked rice, corn, cornmeal, salsa, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder into the bean mixture. Mix together, using clean hands, until evenly blended. Roll mixture into 8 equal-sized balls; form balls into patties. Transfer patties to the baking sheet; refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake burgers on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Flip and bake until heated through and browned, about 15 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Flour can be substituted for the cornmeal if desired.
- Feel free to cook the onions in oil instead of water.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 1.5 g fat; 56 g carbohydrates; 12.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 616 mg sodium. Full nutrition