Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 10-inch skillet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a greased, 10-inch cast iron skillet in the preheating oven.
- Mix soy milk and vinegar together in a bowl. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour oil and maple syrup into the soy milk mixture. Whisk with a fork until foamy, about 3 minutes. Pour over cornmeal mixture and mix until combined. Fold in corn kernels. Pour batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes. Slice into squares or wedges.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use honey instead of maple syrup, but then the cornbread is no longer vegan.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 7.9 31.4 4.5 0 207 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made as written and this turned out good. It looked dense but it wasn't. It was light and fluffy and full of flavor. It actually turned out so soft that it didn't hold it's shape once cut and cr...