Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread
Ingredients30 m servings 270
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Mix corn flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix almond milk, oil, and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Fold into the corn flour mixture until batter is just moist. Spread mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Try to not use virgin olive oil as the strong flavor will be evident in the finished product.
- Soy milk may be substituted for almond milk, if desired.
- A sugar substitute may be used in place of white sugar.
- If the cornbread doesn't need to be vegan, butter, yogurt, and honey can be used instead of oil, almond milk, and maple syrup respectively.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 15.1 32.6 2.8 0 277 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Changes: I used 1/2 coconut oil and 1/2 sesame oil. The flavor of the bread is good but it does not stay together -- It crumbles.
Really good!! My husband was expecting more of a cornbread taste and this has more of a slight sweet taste. I loved it and so did our company!! will be making this again for sure!