Vegan Pad Thai with Baked Tofu
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 52 m servings 497 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3- to 5-pound weight on top. Press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid. Slice into 1/2- to 1-inch thick slabs wide enough for easy flipping.
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, coconut oil, tamarind paste, garlic, ginger, and chili-garlic sauce together in a square container. Fit the tofu slabs in the marinade so they are submerged; marinate at least 15 minutes. Transfer tofu to a oven-proof plate, reserving the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cabbage, carrots, daikon, red bell pepper, and onion in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water; saute vegetables until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake tofu in the preheated oven, flipping after 15 minutes, until dry, 30 to 40 minutes. Chop tofu into smaller pieces.
- Whisk flaxseed meal, peanut butter, chili powder, black salt, and stevia into the marinade. Let sit until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir kelp noodles and bean sprouts into the cabbage mixture in the skillet; cook and stir until softened and heated through, about 2 minutes. Mix in the sauce; cook and stir until sauce thickens and sticks to the noodles, about 5 minutes. Add chopped tofu, green onions, peanuts, and cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Olive oil or sesame oil can be substituted for the coconut oil, if desired.
- You can replace chile-garlic sauce with minced or dried red peppers.
- Use any color cabbage you prefer.
- Add any of your favorite vegetables, such as zucchini, daikon, eggplant, broccoli, or red bell pepper.
- I recommend using a julienne peeler or handheld spiralizer for the carrots and other veggies.
- Shirataki, rice noodles, or spiralized vegetables can be substituted for the kelp noodles.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 28.2 g fat; 49.6 g carbohydrates; 20.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 2330 mg sodium. Full nutrition