Vegan Quinoa-Stuffed Peppers
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"A vegan and gluten-free spin on stuffed peppers. I don't enjoy the Mexican flavors usually associated with quinoa, so this recipe closely resembles the flavor of a standard beef-and-rice stuffed pepper, minus the fat but with complete protein and lots of veggies! Sometimes there may be enough stuffing left over for a fifth pepper, but honestly, I like the stuffing plain, too!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 315
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 stuffed peppers)
- Combine broth, water, and bay leaf in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in tomato paste, parsley, salt, paprika, oregano, basil, and thyme.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10x15-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each green bell pepper so it stands upright, if necessary. Fill a 4-quart Dutch oven with enough water to cover the peppers and bring to a boil. Add peppers and cook until tender but firm, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, celery, and garlic; saute until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the cooked quinoa; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add mushrooms. Spoon mixture into peppers and place into the prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until peppers are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 315 calories; 7.1 55.6 11.3 0 910 Full nutrition