Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 4 m servings 174
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 stuffed peppers)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is almost clear but not browning, about 5 minutes. Add buckwheat; stir until coated, about 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add peppers, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stand peppers up in a casserole dish and fill them with the buckwheat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cilantro can be substituted for the parsley.
- If your bell peppers are small-to-medium, use 6 to 7.
- Add chopped portobello mushrooms, turnips, carrots, other vegetables, and even nuts, as desired, to the buckwheat mix.
Per Serving: 174 calories; 4.8 30.7 5.7 0 195 Full nutrition