Vegan Wheat Berry-Stuffed Peppers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This vegan stuffed peppers recipe came about when my friend decided she wanted to eat vegan. It's made from things I (a meat eater) had on hand. It's pretty good! It's open to interpretation, so use it as you like and I hope you enjoy it. Ingredient substitutions are highly encouraged!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 stuffed peppers)
- Place wheat berries in a pot; cover with 2 inches water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour about 1 inch water in a microwave-safe dish with a cover. Stand the peppers upright; cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and garlic; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss mixture with the cooked wheat berries; add a small amount of water if filling seems dry. Add cranberry sauce, walnuts, and parsley; stir to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling and place in a casserole. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender and heated through, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 322 calories; 9.3 58.6 6.2 0 67 Full nutrition