Vegan Banana Bread with Coconut Oil
made it | 0 reviews |
"This banana bread is vegan and delicious. Best enjoyed with a drizzle of icing on top and a cup of tea."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 120
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Fold in chopped dates.
- Combine bananas, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Add Demerara sugar and mash together with a fork. Add flour mixture and quickly mix together with a spatula until batter comes together. Add a few teaspoons of water if the batter seems too dry. Mix well and transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top has a nice golden color and a skewer into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar with water until the glaze has the desired consistency and drizzle over banana bread.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 1.8 26.7 0.8 0 223 Full nutrition