German Heart Cookies
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 105
Original recipe yields 50 servings (50 cookies)
- Combine flour, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, white sugar, and eggs in a large bowl and knead into a smooth dough. Shape into a ball. Flatten, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out hearts with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and arrange cut-out cookies on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets carefully and transfer to wire racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup of confectioners' sugar with as much lemon juice needed to form a thick icing. Cover half of the hearts with the white icing. Mix the remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar with raspberry syrup and cover the other half with pink icing. Let cookies stand until icing dries completely, about 2 hours, or up to overnight.
You might also like
Per Serving: 105 calories; 4.4 15.5 1.1 18 3 Full nutrition