Liv and Zack's Romantic Heart Pizza
made it | 0 reviews |
"A very romantic homemade pizza dough recipe to make with that special someone when you're on vacation together. Make sure to add copious amounts of both of your favorite pizza toppings (we used mushrooms, pepperoni, and zucchini). Other necessities: 1 special someone, clothes that you're willing to get dirty, secluded kitchen, and a place to cuddle while the dough rises."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 59 m servings 495 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 pizzas)
- Sift 3 cups plus 6 1/2 tablespoons flour, yeast, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a bowl with lukewarm water; mix into the dough at a steady rate, kneading with your hands until elastic.
- Transfer dough to a bowl lightly greased with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough; cover again and let rise, 30 to 45 minutes more.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomato puree and garlic; toss in basil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until simmering, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until flavors blend, about 15 minutes more. Reduce heat to low.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Roll each dough half into a pizza crust, pinching up the edges of the dough if you like. Spoon sauce generously onto the pizzas, covering them completely. Divide mozzarella cheese between the pizzas.
- Bake in the preheated oven, enjoying the romance of a secluded kitchen together, until mozzarella cheese is melted golden brown and the bottom of the pizza is browned, 10 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying together.
- Cook's Notes:
- Even though a dough hook is usually faster, using your hands is better for this recipe because you know you're going to want to get flour on your lover's nose. Just watch out because they might get you with a floury handprint on the butt, especially if your wearing black pants.
- The time spent waiting for the dough to rise is perfect to get a little cuddling in and share this special occasion together.
- Be sure you don't get too carried away with hugs and kisses when stirring the sauce; and don't worry if you spill a little on your partner, you can always clean him or her up later.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of mozzarella cheese. The actual amount of cheese consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 21.2 g fat; 47.4 g carbohydrates; 31.9 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 1273 mg sodium. Full nutrition