Mushroom Cheese Puffs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 137
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen puffs)
- Set frozen puff pastry sheets on a counter and thaw for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup muffin tins.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add white mushrooms and portobello mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally and adding garlic halfway through, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface; roll each into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into twelve 4-inch squares. Drape squares into muffin cups. Place 1 1/2 teaspoon mozzarella cheese into each cup and spoon 1 1/2 teaspoon mushroom mixture on top. Add a portion of Parmesan cheese. Gather the 4 edges of the square to the middle; twist to seal the puff and seal the edges. Repeat until cups are filled.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter if desired.
- Although I had my kitchen scale with me, the baby portobellos I had were about 1 ounce each, while the white mushrooms were slightly under that. Don't worry too much if you're not exact with these measurements.
- With my limited counter space I only rolled out the second pastry and filled them after the first batch was already in the oven.
- This is a really flexible recipe! The measurements on the seasonings are estimations - season as you feel necessary! The cheese is also pretty flexible... I am considering trying Cheddar next.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 9.5 10 3.2 13 93 Full nutrition