Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 219 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 9x2x3 bread-sized loaves)
- Place cubed butter in a bowl; lower into a large bowl full of ice to keep cold.
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor; pulse twice. Add 1/4 cup of the butter cubes and pulse 4 times. Repeat with the remaining butter cubes, 1/4 cup at a time. Place mixture into a large, chilled bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon ice water and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add 1/2 the mixture to the flour-butter mixture and toss until just combined; dough should be lumpy with bits of solid butter.
- Place dough on a floured work surface. Knead lightly to form a ball. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough out into a square. Place whipped butter in the center of the dough and smooth outward, leaving a 1/2-inch edge. Fold dough in half; pinch edges and seal. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle. Fold 1/3 of the dough into the center. Fold the other side toward the center to overlap the first fold. Rotate dough 90 degrees. Roll out into a rectangle again. Repeat folding. Make 2 indents in the top of the dough with your finger to show you've completed 2 folds. Wrap dough again and chill for 30 minutes.
- Repeat folding and rolling 4 more times, marking the dough before chilling every time. Cut in half after the sixth fold; wrap each half and chill.
- Cook's Note:
- Before making your pastry into whatever goodie you are planing always remember to keep it cold. Example: you twist the pastry into sticks place on baking sheet then chill before placing in preheated oven, this will allow it to puff perfectly.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 17.1 g fat; 14.7 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 45 mg cholesterol; 305 mg sodium. Full nutrition