Raspberry Napoleons Dessert
made it | 0 reviews |
"Raspberry Napoleons are an incredibly easy and tres delicieux summertime dessert. The combination of a crisp puff pastry with sweet cream cheese and raspberries is hard to beat. The size of Napoleons you make is really up to you. I find that a 3x3-inch square is usually a good size, but use your own discretion."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 261 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 Napoleons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out 1 puff pastry sheet on a floured work surface until it is 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 16 squares. Transfer to a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the top and bottom, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, white sugar, heavy cream, and lemon zest in a bowl. Mix by hand until smooth and glossy. Dollop cream cheese mixture over 16 squares. Spread out cream cheese mixture and cover with raspberries. Top with the remaining puff pastry squares and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Notes:
- The cream cheese mixture can be made a day ahead but it's best to bake the puff pastry the day you're going to serve them so they stay crisp.
- Substitute orange zest for the lemon zest if preferred.
- If you are adept at using a pastry bag and icing tip, you can pipe the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry squares, which makes it look a little more stylish.
Per Serving: 261 calories; 17.3 g fat; 23.7 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 118 mg sodium. Full nutrition