Feta Cheese Burek (Phyllo Dough)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"An Eastern European delicacy. Probably one of the most loved foods from the Balkans. There are two ways to create burek: with homemade dough or with phyllo dough (pre-made store-bought). In this recipe we will be using the pre-made phyllo dough. You can put potatoes, meat, spinach, boiled cabbage, or feta cheese inside! This one will be with feta cheese. Truly a tasty meal! And very easy to make! Eat with yogurt for authenticity."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 774
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 burek)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet lightly.
- Mix feta cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and eggs together in a bowl. Whisk milk and oil together in a small bowl.
- Brush milk-oil mixture over 3 sheets of phyllo dough and stack together. Place some of the cheese mixture in a straight line on one end of the dough. Roll up tightly to form a spiral shape. Transfer spiral to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining milk-oil mixture, phyllo dough, and cheese mixture.
- Bake burek in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Although it is good to be generous, in this case a decent amount goes a long way: feta cheese is salty so apply moderately.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of milk and oil. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 774 calories; 66.2 26.5 19.4 146 917 Full nutrition