0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 395
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Place flour in a large bowl, make a well in the center, and crumble fresh yeast into it. Sprinkle in sugar and add 1 tablespoon milk. Cover and let rise at a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups milk and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in a saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
- Pour milk-butter mixture over yeast mixture and add 1 cup sugar, egg yolks, and salt. Knead until a soft dough forms. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almonds, raisins, candied lemon peel, and candied orange peel together and fold into the dough. Shape dough into a loaf and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rest until the loaf has risen again slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven. Brush hot stollen immediately with 2 tablespoons melted butter and dust with confectioners' sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use sultanas instead of raisins, or a combination of the two.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 16.1 56.8 8 44 73 Full nutrition