Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 547 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place eggplant slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes to release the bitter juices. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Place eggplant on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 10 minutes. Flip and bake until browned on the other side, about 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a rectangular baking dish.
- While eggplant bakes, prepare bechamel sauce. Combine milk and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until flour cooks to a light, golden color, 5 to 7 minutes. Gradually pour hot milk through a sieve into the saucepan with the flour mixture; reserve garlic cloves. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until a thick, smooth bechamel forms, about 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to very low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in cream and season with salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Crush reserved garlic cloves and sprinkle over baked eggplant. Season with basil and pepper.
- Reheat bechamel sauce over low heat, while stirring well. If it is too thick, add a small amount of milk.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the bechamel sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top and cover with a layer of eggplant. Add a layer of bechamel. Sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Continue layering until all lasagna noodles, eggplant, bechamel sauce, and mozzarella cheese are used up. End with a layer of lasagna noodles and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Press down gently on the lasagna so noodles completely covered with bechamel sauce. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until lasagna is cooked through and lightly browned, about 15 minutes more. Remove from oven at let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 547 calories; 23.9 g fat; 61.1 g carbohydrates; 25.9 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 450 mg sodium. Full nutrition