Crispy Fried Eggplant and Zucchini
made it | 0 reviews |
"My lifelong search for a good and crispy deep-fried eggplant recipe has been solved...with the addition of a secret ingredient: tapioca flour! These are so yummy and a great base to be tweaked into any flavor profile you wish. Interesting mix-ins could be sesame seeds with an Asian dipping sauce or cumin and cayenne and a salsa dip."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients19 m servings 345 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Pulse bread crumbs in a food processor into a fine powder. Pour into a bowl; stir in 3 tablespoons tapioca starch.
- Place 1/2 cup tapioca starch and eggs in separate bowls.
- Dust each piece of eggplant and zucchini with tapioca starch; dip into the eggs and coat with bread crumb mixture. Arrange dredged vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry vegetables in batches, turning occasionally, until golden and heated through, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Drizzle vinegar over vegetables. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top; season with salt. Serve with ranch dressing and lemon wedges.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cut eggplant into discs if preferred.
- Asiago cheese can be substituted for the Parmesan cheese.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 22.1 g fat; 36.9 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 539 mg sodium. Full nutrition