Pasta with Roasted Eggplant Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"If you like eggplant, you should try this! The sauce for this pasta is made by roasting eggplant and garlic in the oven, then making a paste from it after it's soft. Make sure you find the perfect eggplant, otherwise it could leave you with a bitter recipe. It turned out great for me!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 827
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread eggplants and garlic cloves on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 1/2 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil while eggplants and garlic are roasting. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Place eggplants and garlic in a food processor; process into a smooth paste. Stir paste into the onions in the skillet. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Toss hot penne and basil into the sauce and mix together.
Per Serving: 827 calories; 37.8 104.8 19.5 0 359 Full nutrition