Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients59 m servings 420 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 tostadas)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place red onion slices and crema in separate small bowls. Zest limes into another small bowl. Halve limes and squeeze juice into a fourth small bowl.
- Stir 1 teaspoon lime juice into the bowl of crema. Add the remaining lime juice to the bowl with the red onions; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and let marinate at room temperature until pickled, at least 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chayote and poblano pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisped and lightly brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir the lime zest, 1/2 the cilantro, onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the chayote-poblano mixture. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water, taco seasoning, and chili powder. Cook until water has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Spread guacamole over each crisped tortilla; top with chayote-poblano mixture, ground turkey, pickled onions, lime crema, and remaining cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Sour cream can be substituted for the Mexican crema.
- Corn tortillas also work in this recipe.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 24.9 g fat; 26.3 g carbohydrates; 25.2 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 815 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1