made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 31 m servings 322 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 rolls)
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place frozen rolls on top to thaw. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let thaw and rise, 3 to 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Uncover rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add sausage. Cook, breaking up as you stir occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup marinara sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and stir. Continue to microwave until completely heated through, about 2 minutes more. Stir in parsley.
- Slice rolls in half and place on a plate. Serve with the bowls of sausage mixture, marinara sauce, cheese mixture, and the pepperoni, layering as you please.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the rolls are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 16.5 g fat; 27.4 g carbohydrates; 15.6 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 840 mg sodium. Full nutrition