Iced Ginger Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 252
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat(R) baking mat.
- Combine sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add molasses, melted butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract and mix well. Add flour, stirring constantly, 1 cup at a time until just combined. Add up to 1/4 cup of additional flour if dough is too sticky.
- Place spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the dough with floured fingertips to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely before frosting, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until well blended. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat frosting until creamy.
- Combine caramels and half-and-half in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until caramels are completely melted and the sauce is blended, about 10 minutes.
- Frost cooled cookies with the frosting, drizzle with the caramel sauce, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook's Note:
- Another great topping is maple icing with bacon bits. Cream 4 ounces of cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of butter together in a bowl. Stir in 2 cups of powdered confectioners' sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon maple flavored extract and mix until well combined. Frost cooled cookies with the maple icing and top with bacon bits.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 8.6 42.5 2.2 23 154 Full nutrition