Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 1168
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in olive oil and allow to get hot. Add onion and garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes. Stir in chicken broth, red wine, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Stir in chopped basil at the last minute.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil while sauce is cooking. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and flatten with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Prepare a breading station with 3 large mixing bowls: Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the first bowl. Stir together eggs and milk in the second bowl. Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour mixture and shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat steps for remaining chicken and set on a plate.
- Heat about 1 inch canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add breaded chicken in batches; cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) and the cheeses have melted, about 5 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce and rigatoni.
You might also like
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 1168 calories; 38.9 139.4 63 189 1528 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
My husband and I both loved it! I will definitely prepare this one again. Thank you for sharing.