Sweet Potato-Pinto Bean Breakfast Taco
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 556 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 tacos)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and a pinch each salt and pepper in a small piece of aluminum foil. Fold it up to loosely cover and set it on the corner of the baking sheet.
- Toss sweet potato together with 2 tablespoons oil on the baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, chile powder with lime, and paprika on top. Toss thoroughly and spread out.
- Roast in the preheated oven until sweet potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place roasted sweet potatoes in a bowl. Unwrap the foil packet and toss roasted garlic mixture into the bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Place remaining sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pinto beans, lime juice, water, adobo sauce, and black pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 4 minutes. Mash bean mixture together. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Crack eggs into the pan and separate them; immediately cover with a lid. Cook until whites are set and yolks are mostly firm, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas in the preheated oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Place each tortilla on a plate. Layer on a small handful of spinach, a spoonful of mashed pinto beans, a small amount of sweet potato cubes, and a few slices of avocado. Place a fried egg on top. Sprinkle with radishes, green onions, and cilantro.
Per Serving: 556 calories; 31.1 g fat; 59 g carbohydrates; 16.2 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 658 mg sodium. Full nutrition