Best Beef Jerky
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 6 h 10 m servings 203
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Place beef brisket in the freezer for 1 hour to make slicing easier.
- Place brisket on a flat work surface. Slice on the grain into the thinnest possible strips, about 1/4-inch-thick.
- Place beef strips in the bottom of a large bowl or container. Pour in teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, corn syrup, liquid smoke, brown sugar, sesame seeds, garlic powder, honey, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well until beef is evenly coated and submerged. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove beef and pat dry using paper towels. Place beef in a single layer on the trays of a dehydrator machine. Cook at 155 degrees F (68 degrees C), or according to manufacturer's instructions, until dry and firm, yet slightly pliable, about 5 hours.
- Leave beef out in the air to cool until dry; the longer you leave it out, the drier it will get.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can always have your butcher (or grocery meat department) cut the brisket strips for you instead.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 12.6 13.2 9.2 28 1495 Full nutrition