Best Bacon Caprese Sandwich
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 692
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 sandwiches)
- Mix mayonnaise, basil, lemon juice, garlic, garlic powder, and lemon zest together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate aioli until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place a wire rack inside a baking sheet to catch grease.
- Place 3 bacon halves side by side on the wire rack. Weave another 3 to 4 bacon halves over and under those halves to form a square lattice. Repeat with remaining bacon halves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Lift bacon lattices off the pan with a spatula onto paper towels.
- Spread basil garlic aioli on each ciabatta roll; layer mozzarella slices, tomato, and bacon lattices on top.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a baking rack, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of aioli. The actual amount of aioli consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 692 calories; 46.5 36.4 31.9 82 1677 Full nutrition