Brown Sugar-Pineapple Pork Chops
Ingredients30 m servings 262 cals
- Combine chipotle powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Pat pineapple rings dry.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large, nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple rings and red onion; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice and brown sugar. Cook until pineapple is lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer pineapple-onion mixture to a plate.
- Pat pork chops dry and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the same saucepan over medium-high heat; swirl to coat pan. Add chops; cook until bottom is browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and sprinkle the chipotle mixture on top. Cook until other side is browned, about 3 minutes. Continue flipping and cooking until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Transfer chops onto a plate and top with the pineapple-onion mixture. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 10.3 g fat; 26.1 g carbohydrates; 16.9 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 110 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Excellent recipe! I made this with pork sirloin as it was on sale, and everything come out beautifully. Tragically I forgot to buy chipotle powder, so I subbed 1/2 tsp ground cayenne and 1 1/2 t...
We really enjoyed this recipe! I added a little more pineapple juice because we love it!
My family lived this recipe, even my picky eater at it. I added extra brown sugar because we like sweet. We didn't use the goat chz
Fantastic! The flavours in this recipe are not ones I would normally put together... but they work wonderfully! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Very interesting combination of flavors! I'm not sure the goat cheese is what it needed; maybe feta would have been better. It all came together easy enough and looked pretty on the plate. Hu...
I made this for my wife and I and loved it. I only made two chops so I halved the seasoning for the meat but made 4 pineapple rings and half a red onion. We both loved it. Simple and delicious.