Jaron's Easy Peri-Peri Bison Lasagna
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 58 m servings 326 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bison and pork in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, salsa, water, peri-peri sauce, and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to low and simmer meat sauce, stirring occasionally, until thickened and flavorful, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Put frozen spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave until steaming and no water is left in the bowl, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool; stir in cottage cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Add a layer of noodles, another layer of meat sauce, and another layer of noodles. Top with all of the spinach-cheese mixture, another layer of noodles, the remaining meat sauce, and the shredded Italian cheese blend. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Per Serving: 326 calories; 14.1 g fat; 21.3 g carbohydrates; 29.2 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 532 mg sodium. Full nutrition