Jaron's Easy Peri-Peri Bison Lasagna
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 58 m servings 326
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bison and pork in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, salsa, water, peri-peri sauce, and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to low and simmer meat sauce, stirring occasionally, until thickened and flavorful, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Put frozen spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave until steaming and no water is left in the bowl, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool; stir in cottage cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Add a layer of noodles, another layer of meat sauce, and another layer of noodles. Top with all of the spinach-cheese mixture, another layer of noodles, the remaining meat sauce, and the shredded Italian cheese blend. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
You might also like
Per Serving: 326 calories; 14.1 21.3 29.2 70 532 Full nutrition