Bacon-Cheddar Bison Burgers
"A tasty alternative to beef! Fresh bison, mixed with a one-step Italian seasoning and a few other ingredients grilled up to perfection and topped with thick-cut bacon and Cheddar cheese! Add purple onion slices. A hearty burger that will likely please any hungry appetite! This recipe is great with fries or any kind of salad."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 461 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 burgers)
- Combine ground bison, egg, crushed crackers, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, black pepper, and coarse salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to form mixture into 4 large burger patties. Place on a plate lined with waxed paper and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill burgers for 2 minutes. Flip and brush with barbeque sauce. Flip again and cook until burgers are no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes total. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Turn off the grill. Add 2 slices cooked bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese to each burger; close lid and let cheese melt, about 1 minute. Transfer burgers to buns and top each with 1 lettuce leaf.
- Cook's Note:
- You can tweak this recipe to your desire. Everyone will have their own twist or modification. But that is the quest of good food. We all have different tastes!
Per Serving: 461 calories; 19.9 g fat; 30.9 g carbohydrates; 37.9 g protein; 147 mg cholesterol; 914 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1