Fried Eggplant Parmesan
made it | 0 reviews |
"My dad made me eggplant parm one night and I thought, Hmm, I wonder if this would be good as a fried dish. Take this as a State Fair-style spin on a classically iconic Italian staple. This dish is quick and easy, and something anyone can do. You may think teens are lazy, but they'll come to life making this dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 488 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Mix bread crumbs, flour, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Place eggs in a small bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in the eggs, then the bread crumb mixture. Drop into oil a few slices at a time until breading turns golden brown, about 2 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 13.3 g fat; 73.2 g carbohydrates; 18.7 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 1026 mg sodium. Full nutrition