Italian Wedding Soup with Orzo
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients54 m servings 413 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 bowls)
- Mix pork, beef, egg white, bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl. Form very small, pea-sized meatballs.
- Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, parsnip, onion, herbes de Provence, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; bring to a boil. Add the mini meatballs and orzo pasta. Reduce heat to low; let simmer until flavors combine, 15 to 20 minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to mix and match pork, veal, and beef to make the meatballs.
- Use homemade chicken stock if possible.
- Sometimes, instead of making the actual meatballs, I cheat and just make mini balls from sausage.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 14.7 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 22.3 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 1400 mg sodium. Full nutrition