Bacon Rose Quiche
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 404 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place 10 slices bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy and evenly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a same skillet over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and onion. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms and onions are slightly brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushroom-onion mixture, crumbled bacon, Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, and green onions into the pie crust.
- Whisk eggs slightly in a bowl; beat in cream, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, sugar, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Pour egg mixture carefully into the pie crust.
- Thread a toothpick through 1 end of 1 of the remaining bacon slices; roll the bacon around the toothpick to form a rose shape. Repeat with the remaining bacon slices. Arrange bacon roses on top of the quiche.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Continue baking until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes more. Cover with aluminum foil if top is getting too brown. Let quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 32.8 g fat; 12.6 g carbohydrates; 14.9 g protein; 191 mg cholesterol; 730 mg sodium. Full nutrition