Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 14 m servings 178
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat(R) nonstick baking mat.
- Mash persimmon pulp in a small bowl and stir in baking soda to let mixture congeal.
- Beat white sugar and 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt together in a second bowl.
- Mix egg into the persimmon mixture. Add persimmon mixture and flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture and stir well to combine. Fold pecans and raisins into the batter.
- Drop batter onto the prepared baking sheet using a medium cookie scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly browned and puffy, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks, about 30 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl until maple glaze is smooth. Place a sheet of parchment paper under the wire rack to catch the drips. Drizzle maple glaze onto the cookie tops using a spoon. Let set until glaze hardens, about 30 minutes.
- Cut green belt candy into small leaf shapes using kitchen scissors. Combine white chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl and melt in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Drip some melted white chocolate over each cookie using a spoon. Place one red candy-coated chocolate piece in the middle of each cookie and add a green belt leaf to each side. Let set until frosting hardens, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any type of nuts for this recipe.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 7.6 27 1.9 14 105 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1